The following is a listing of 2016 Virginia trail rides, which is divided into three sections: by clubs or groups; by state regions; and by calendar March through November, including fundraisers/benefit rides and judged trail rides (Crystal Crown Series and the American Competitive Trail Horse Association). Our list is a starting point for your adventures; please let us know if you have an event to add or update by contacting Horse Talk via email (email@example.com) or visiting our website (http://horsetalkmagazine.com) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horse-Talk-Magazine/73815647197). Happy trails!
Crystal Crown Series 2016 Northern Virginia is host to a series of judged trail rides titled the Crystal Crown Judged Pleasure Ride series. www.crystalcrownseries.com
Clubs participating in this series include the Battlefield Equestrian Society (BES); www.battlefieldequestriansociety.org
Shenandoah Trail Riding & Horseman’s Association (STRHA); www.strha.net
Clifton Horse Society (CHS); www.cliftonhorsesociety.org
Nokesville Horse Society (NHS); www.nokesvillehorsesociety.com
Snickersville Hounds (SH): http://www.snickersvillehounds.com
Old Dominion Hounds Pony Club (ODPC): http://www.odhponyclub.com/
The 2016 Crystal Crown Judged Pleasure Ride series schedule includes:
April 24 – BES – Manassas National Battlefield
May 7 (rain/shine) STRHA – Walnut Hill Farm, Maurertown, VA,
July 9 – SH – Camp High Road
Sept 11 – CHS – Bull Run Regional Park
October 9 – NHS – Sky Meadows State Park
October 30 – ODHPC – Flint Hill Venue
Refer to the section of this article titled “Trail Rides for 2016” for specific information about the series.
American Competitive Trail Horse Association
The American Competitive Trail Horse Association (ACTHA) is a nonprofit organization that arranges trail competitions, with a portion of the profits donated to equestrian charities, including horse rescue groups. The ACTHA Competitive Trail Challenge© (CTC) is a competitive trail ride held at a private venue or public park. The trail ride averages between 6 and 8 miles with between six and eight judged obstacles, including water, bridges, and gates; the rides usually take 2 hours to complete. The CTC has five divisions: open; pleasure; scout; junior, for riders ages 7 through 15; and buddy, a trail ride without the obstacles.
Refer to the section of this article titled “Trail Rides for 2016” for specific information about their events.
Battlefield Equestrian Society
The Battlefield Equestrian Society (BES), founded in 1985, is a volunteer organization dedicated to maintaining and improving the equestrian trails in the Manassas National Battlefield Park. The BES also co-hosts a series of judged trail rides, the Crystal Crown Judged Pleasure Ride series; the Crystal Crown event for BES will be held April 24 at Manassas National Battlefield Park.
Belmead Stables and Riding Club
Belmead Stables is located on the James River in Powhatan County. The facility comprises more than 25 miles of riding trails, designed for both short and long rides. Group rides are offered throughout the year, and the club participates in the annual Powhatan Christmas parade. Primitive camping is allowed for members and their guests.
Clifton Horse Society
The Clifton Horse Society (CHS), established in 1977, supports equestrian enthusiasts in Fairfax County and surrounding areas. CHS organizes monthly local trail rides and has offered competitive trail rides and overnight campouts. CHS also offers equestrian clinics for members.
Eastern Shore Trail Ride
This website lists a variety of links and trail rides, with the main focus the twice-yearly trail rides on the Eastern Shore, once in the spring and once in the fall. To post an event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mechanicsville Riding Club
Created in 1970, the Mechanicsville Riding Club (MRC) promotes equestrian activities and trail riding in Virginia. The MRC sponsors multiple trail rides throughout the year, including overnight camping and ACTHA events; a portion of the proceeds are donated to equestrian-related charities.
Nokesville Horse Society
The Nokesville Horse Society (NHS) represents horse enthusiasts throughout Prince William County and northern Virginia. Trail rides are held monthly at different venues in the state. The NHS also co-hosts a series of judged trail rides, the Crystal Crown Judged Pleasure Ride series; the Crystal Crown event for NHS will be held Oct. 9 at Sky Meadows State Park in Delaplane.
Powhatan Riding Association
The Powhatan Riding Association was created in the 1980s and membership is available for county residents. The group participates in several trail-riding events and special programs throughout the year.
Prince George Riding Club
The Prince George Riding Club was formed in 2007 and includes horse enthusiasts of multiple disciplines with an interest in promoting equestrian happenings in the community, including local trail riding events. See Facebook for upcoming events and rides.
Rusty Stirrups Riding Club
The Rusty Stirrups Riding Club supports adult equestrians from the Richmond area and includes horse enthusiasts of multiple disciplines.
Scott County Regional Horse Association
Established 14 years ago, SCRHA own their own horse park with campsite available, riding ring and many more opportunities. Adjacent to the Jefferson National Forest (High Knob) Virginia’s 2nd highest Peak. They plan a monthly trail into these beautiful mountains. There are many marked trails, and 3 parking lots for horse trailers within the Jefferson National Forest . The riding opportunities are endless. They offer overnight camping primitive or have RVL hookups and barns. Visit their Facebook page at Scott County Horse park.
Shenandoah Trail Riding and Horseman’s Association
The Shenandoah Trail Riding and Horseman’s Association (STRHA) promotes trail riding in the Shenandoah Valley since 1988, hosting most of their trail rides in the George Washington National Forest. SHRHA also is a member group of the Crystal Crown Judged Trail Ride series, in which five equestrian organizations in Northern Virginia host and sponsor judged trail rides.
SouthEastern Association of Trailriders
The SouthEastern Association of Trailriders (SEAT) promotes trail riding in Virginia and North Carolina and participates in diverse rides for equestrians. Meetings are held in the Tidewater area.
Southside Virginia Horse Council
Located in Alton, the Southside Virginia Horse Council began in 2007 by local horse enthusiasts. The council promotes multiple events, including local trail rides.
Southside Virginia Saddle Club
The Southside Saddle Club was created in 1994; members participate in trail rides and assist in community events.
Tidewater Horse Council
The Tidewater Horse Council, in Virginia Beach, was incorporated in 1980 and promotes equestrian events in the Hampton Roads community. The council participates in a variety of trail rides throughout the year.
Tristate Riding Club
Tristate Riding Club, based in Loudoun County, Virginia, includes members from Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland. The TSRC has been active for more than 10 years and accommodates riders over the age of 21 interested in multiple equestrian disciplines, including endurance and trail riding.
United States Trail Ride, Inc.
USTR is a nonprofit, educational organization dedicated to preserving and creating trails for riding fun and pleasure. Since its incorporation in 1987, USTR has evolved from a 100-mile endurance riding club to the present-day club of horse enthusiasts and pleasure riders who enjoy riding local and regional trails in northern Virginia. USTR hosts an annual Memorial Day benefit ride in Loudoun County. USTR also hosts a variety of educational programs during monthly meetings.
Virginia Appaloosa Horse Club
Founded in 2002, the Virginia Appaloosa Horse Club is a nonprofit organization that promotes Appaloosas in equestrian activities at the local, regional, and national level, including judged pleasure rides.
Virginia Horse Trails
VaHorseTrails was created for announcements of multi-use and horse trail-related activities in Virginia.
Virginia Paint Horse Club
The Virginia Paint Horse Club, a member of American Paint Horse Association, encourages the inclusion of other breeds at their monthly trail rides.
Trail Rides and Camping
- Aldie: River Chase Farm http://www.riverchasefarm.com
- Ashburn: Washington and Old Dominion Regional Park http://www.nvrpa.org/park/w_od_railroad
- Boston: Blue Ridge Lane Farm http://www.blueridgelane.com/
- Centreville: Bull Run Regional Park http://www.nvrpa.org/park/bull_run
- Delaplane: Sky Meadows State Park http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/sky.shtml
- Hume: Marriott Ranch http://www.marriottranch.com
- Lorton: Meadowood Special Recreation Management Area http://www.blm.gov/es/st/en/fo/lpfo_html.html
- Lorton: Fountainhead Regional Park http://www.nvrpa.org/park/fountainhead
- Lorton: Pohick Bay http://www.nvrpa.org/park/pohick_bay
- Lorton: Tamarack Stables http://www.ridetamarack.com
- Manassas: Manassas National Battlefield Park http://www.nps.gov/mana
- McLean: Great Falls National Park http://www.nps.gov/grfa/index.htm
- Bentonville: The Raymond R. “Andy” Guest Jr. Shenandoah River State Park http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/and.shtml
- Boyce: State Arboretum of Virginia, Blandy Experimental Farm http://www.virginia.edu/blandy/blandy_web/all_blandy/brochures.html
- Fort Valley: Fort Valley Stables http://www.fortvalleystable.com
- Front Royal: Royal Horseshoe Farm http://www.royalhorseshoe.com
- Keezletown: Keezletown Farm Trail Rides http://www.keezlenuttenfarm.com
- Luray: Shenandoah National Park http://www.nps.gov/shen/index.htm
- Roanoke: George Washington and Jefferson National Forests http://www.fs.usda.gov/gwj
- Swoope: North Mountain Outfitter http://www.northmtnoutfitter.com
- Winchester: The Wagon Wheel Ranch http://www.thewagonwheelranch.org
- Amelia: Amelia Wildlife Management Area http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wmas/detail.asp?pid=11
- Appomattox: Holliday Lake State Park http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/hol.shtml
- Chesterfield: Beaver Hollow Farm http://www.beaverhollowfarm.com
- Chesterfield: Pocahontas State Park http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/pocahontas.shtml
- Cumberland: Bear Creek Lake and Cumberland State Forest http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/bea.shtml
- Gladstone: James River State Park http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/jam.shtml
- Gordonsville: Oakland Heights Farm http://oaklandheightsfarm.com/
- Green Bay: High Bridge Trail State Park http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/high-bridge-trail.shtml
- Green Bay: Prince Edward-Gallion State Forest http://www.dof.virginia.gov/stateforest/list/prince-edward-gallion.htm
- Louisa: Lake Anna http://www.lakeanna-va.com
- Palmyra: Pleasant Grove Heritage Trail http://www.pleasantgrovetrails.com/Home.html
- Petersburg: Petersburg National Battlefield http://www.nps.gov/pete/index.htm
- Richmond: Dorey Park http://www.visitrichmondva.com/listings/Dorey-Park/1665
- Syria: Graves Mountain Lodge http://www.gravesmountain.com
- Wingina: Robbin’s Nest Farm http://www.robbinsnestfarm.com
- Chesapeake: Dismal Swamp Canal Trail http://www.cityofchesapeake.net/page3002.aspx
- Chesapeake: Northwest River Park http://www.cityofchesapeake.net/Government/City-Departments/Departments/Parks-and-Recreation-Department/parks/nwrp.htm
- Gloucester: Beaverdam Park http://www.gloucesterva.info/ParksandRecreation/Parks/BeaverdamPark/Trails/tabid/366/Default.aspx
- Providence Forge: Sandy Point State Forest http://www.dof.virginia.gov/stateforest/list/sandy-point.htm
- Suffolk: Lone Star Lakes Park http://www.suffolkva.us/parks/parks/regional/lone-star-lakes
- Surry: Chippokes Plantation State Park http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/chippokes-plantation.shtml
- Seaford: Yorktown Stables http://www.yorktownstables.com
- Williamsburg: Carlton Farms http://www.carltonfarmsstables.com/index.htm
- Williamsburg: York River State Park http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/york-river.shtml
Blue Ridge Highlands
- Foster Falls: New River Trail State Park http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/new.shtml
- Grayson: Rocky Hollow Horse Camp www.rockyhollowhorsecamp.com
- Iron Mountain Horse Camp www.ironmountainhorsecamp.com
- Troutdale: High Country Horse Camp www.highcountryhorsecampva.com
- Clarksville: Occoneechee State Park http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/occoneechee.shtml
- Scottsburg: Staunton River State Park http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/staunton-river.shtml
- South Boston: Shangrila Guest Ranch http://shangrilaretreat.us
Heart of Appalachia
- Dickenson: Breaks Interstate Park www.breakspark.com
- Wise: Pine Mountain State Scenic Trail (dividing Virginia and Kentucky) http://www.pinemountaintrail.com
Trail Rides 2016
- March 12-13 – Endurance 101 – Camp overnight at Tidewater Horse Trail, Ivor, VA. Interested in learning more about endurance? Need more practice camping with your horse overnight before going to a ride? Come join us to learn the basics! https://www.facebook.com/events/1679362169020155/
- March 20-26 – Bull Run Hunt March Madness – Come have great fun, great hunting, and enjoy great people at Bull Run Hunt’s 2015 March Madness week! A week full of racing, hunting, parties, the BRH Hunt Ball and FUN! $550 includes tickets to the races, 6 days of hunting, parties, and FUN! http://www.bullrunhuntclub.com/march-madness/
- March 20 – Shenandoah Trail Riders and Horseman’s Association trail ride, George Washington National Forest, Uncle Tom’s Park Waterfall Ride. For more information, visit http://www.strha.net/rides.html or call Randy Fadely and Ellie Hamman 540-984-4332
- March 26 – Battlefield Equestrian Society Bluebell Rides, Field Of Dreams, Centreville, Virginia, Please RSVP as soon as possible so that we will know how many to plan for. Rides are rain or shine. You make your own weather decisions. To RSVP or for more information, email the ride secretary, Janet Pastrick, at email@example.com, or call 703-273-0526. ,battlefieldequestriansociety.org/,
- March 26 – BCHA Annual Tack ‘n’ Trade, Daleville VFW, 4902 Roanoke Rd, Daleville, Virginia, 540-473-1422, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.botetourthorseclub.com. Clean out your barn and make some cash by selling your used tack and apparel. Sell or market your equine service including training, lessons, stabling, breeding, equine sales, etc. Or perhaps sell items you make yourself that would appeal to the equine enthusiast like jewelry, apparel and more. The cost is $10 a table. Space is limited and tables must be registered by March 19. The sale is free and open to the public for shopping from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information contact: JoAnn Dester 540-473-1422 or email email@example.com
- April 1-3 Friday-Sunday: Burkeville Trail Ride 3637 Cary Shop Rd, Burkeville, Virginia 23922 This trail ride is a fundraiser for Little Nottoway River Hunt Club. Prices are $40 per person and children 12 and under $25. The Burkeville Trail Ride is a fundraiser that supports the Little Nottoway River Hunt Club. We are located in Burkeville, VA. We have two rides a Spring Ride and a Fall Ride. The prices are $40 per person children 12 and under are $25. We serve dinner on Friday and Saturday, Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, and lunch on the trail on Saturday. We have a DJ Saturday night. https://www.facebook.com/events/449570545233225/
- April 2 – Spring Hunter Pace at Belmead Stables and Riding Club, Powhatan, VA 804-598-4907, http://www.belmeadstablesandridingclub.com
- April 2 – Shenandoah Trail Riders and Horseman’s Association trail ride, Hawk’s Nest, For more information, visit http://www.strha.net/rides.html or call Gary Wilson (540) 758-9045
- April 12 – Battlefield Equestrian Society Bluebell Rides, Field Of Dreams, Centreville, Virginia, Please RSVP as soon as possible so that we will know how many to plan for. Rides are rain or shine. You make your own weather decisions. To RSVP or for more information, email the ride secretary, Janet Pastrick, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 703-273-0526, battlefieldequestriansociety.org/,
- April 15-17 Friday-Sunday: Lake Gaston Fire Department Spring Benefit Wine Ride in Bracey VA https://www.facebook.com/events/1634817323458159/
- April 17 – Shenandoah Trail Riders and Horseman’s Association trail ride, Fadely Farm Ride, Edinburg, VA Visit http://www.strha.net/rides.html or call Randy Fadely and Ellie Hamman 540-984-4332
- April 22-24 Friday-Sunday: Genito Trail Ride in LaCrosse VA https://www.facebook.com/events/424221227773032/ – 1080 Watkins Road, La Crosse, VA 23950 Gates open Friday at 12 PM. Primitive Camping water provided for horses. Lunch provided on trail for a donation. Dinner provided on Saturday night. Open to all riders come for the weekend and have fun. 1080 Watkins Road La Crosse, Va 23950 Nelson or Chyrel Baird at 434-729-9141 or 434-774-1332 – email@example.com
- April 24 – Battlefield Equestrian Society Crystal Crown Judged Pleasure Ride, Manassas National Battlefield Park, http://www.battlefieldequestriansociety.org
- April 28-May 1 Thursday-Sunday: Bull Run Hunt Trail Ride, Locust Hill Preserve, 8070 North James Madison Highway, Rapidan, VA 22733 LIMITED NUMBER OF SPOTS! Come camp with your horse and friends while riding through some of the most gorgeous hunt country in Virginia! All proceeds go to Bull Run Hunt for the care of the hounds and management of the territory. Spots Limited! $70 for Adults , $45 for 12 & Under, $35 for Non-Riders. Pre-registration is REQUIRED. Schedule Thursday, April 28: 7 mile short ride (no meals provided) – Friday, April 29: 7 mile short rides (no meals provided) – Saturday, April 30: 15 mile or 20 mile ride, Meals provided – Sunday, May 1: Breakfast provided, 12 mile ride, https://www.facebook.com/events/1505234133120774/ http://www.bullrunhuntclub.com/weekend-camp-ride/
- April 28-May 1 – VA Paint Horse Club Spring Trail Ride – Fairy Stone State Park – Equestrian Campground offers 10 stalls and 10 campsites with hook-ups. http://www.virginiapainthorseclub.org/events.html
- May 6-8 – 2nd annual HTCAA Spring ride, Skylineranchresort.com, Front Royal, Virginia, 540-216-1485, firstname.lastname@example.org, Second annual spring trail ride and gathering. Come ride the beautiful blue ridge mountains in Historic Front Royal Virginia with some great folks on some awesome trails with awe inspiring views and afterwords gather with the rest of the riders for a pot luck dinner and great fellowship at the RANCH. Please call (540) 635-4169 for reservations and (540)216-1485 for info,
- May 6-8 – Amelia Springs Trail Ride in Jetersville VA http://www.ameliaspringstrailride.com/, or https://www.facebook.com/events/173134956378903/ Join us for a weekend of trail riding along open pasture, woods, creeks and gravel terrain. 5 meals included. A portion of the proceeds benfit the Boy Scouts of America.
- May 7 – STRHA Judged Trail Ride Crystal Crown Series , Walnut Hill Farm (Bob & Betty Kerns’ Farm) Woodstock, VA. Ride Secretary – Susan Markofski at email@example.com 304-874-3424 home phone and 703-785-7649 cell phone for day of the ride emergencies. http://www.strha.net/2016-crystal-crown-judged-trail-ride.html
- May 7 – Derby Day Ride at Belmead Stables and Riding Club, Powhatan, VA 804-598-4907, http://www.belmeadstablesandridingclub.com
- May 14 – Trails of Hope Benefit Trail ride for Cystic Fibrosis, Genito Trails, Lacrosse, Va, 757-651-9012, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.facebook.com/TrailsofHopeRide, Additional Details: Join us for a fun filled weekend of trail riding in the beautiful wooded trails of Genito. Approximately 18 miles is long ride and the short ride is 14 miles. Music and dancing, raffles, vendors, T-shirt sales and catered meal on Saturday night . Cowboy service Sunday morning and photographer on site. All proceeds benefit The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- May 14-15 – Eastern Shore Trail Ride, The Ride is limited to 250 riders and horses, and registration is in advance only, submit registration after March 15, no earlier. No admittance at the trail head without confirmed registration. Fee covers weekend riding on private wooded farm trails including long stretches on the Chesapeake Bay on private beaches, lunch on the trail Saturday only, dinner at camp Saturday night and camping at our beautiful and private campground. 100% of the proceeds benefit Company 16 of the Northampton Fire and Rescue Company. The trail wranglers donate all of their time and fuel and equipment costs. Your entire donation goes to the Northampton Fire and Rescue Company 16. http://easternshoretrailride.com/
- May 14 – Annual Ride for Hope Trail Ride for Halifax County Cancer Association, The trail ride/wagon train will begin on Saturday, May 14 at 10:30 am. Matt Boswell and the Hillbilly Blues Band will play Saturday night at approximately 8 pm. Dinner will be served at approximately 5 pm on Saturday. As always, primitive camping is available Fri-Sun. There will be a cowboy church service Sunday morning. We are currently working on entertainment for Friday night. Prices are $25 for riders and $15 for non-riders. Children 12 and under are free. This includes dinner on Saturday and entertainment. https://www.facebook.com/events/1747277102171840/
- May 15, Shenandoah Trail Riders and Horseman’s Association trail ride, St Jude’s Ride at Uncle Tom’s Park, Woodstock, Visit http://www.strha.net/rides.html or call Randy Fadely and Ellie Hamman 540-984-4332
- May 20-22: Woodlawn Trail Ride – 1271 White Oake Rd, Enfield, NC. Woodlawn Hunt Club will be hosting their annual trail ride on May 20-22nd. The ride will begin on Saturaday, May 21st at 10am. There is plenty of parking and overnight camping space. However, bring your generators if you need power, no hook ups are available. The camping area will open around 12 noon on Friday, May 20th and close around 12 noon on Sunday, 22nd. Fee for the trail ride will be $30.00 per person which will include one meal ticket on Saturday evening. You may purchase additional meal tickets for Saturday’s meal for $10.00 if needed. There will be lunch available for $5 on Saturday. There will be an early registration of $25.00 per person if you register before May 13th. After the 13th it will cost $30.00 per person. You may register by sending an email with the name of the rider to email@example.com. I would encourage you to pre-register if possible. If you have any question about this ride please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org THANK YOU for supporting our Warriors Program. Partial proceeds are to benefit the Woodlawn Warriors that have served our GREAT COUNTRY!!! Hope to see you on the trails!!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!! www.woodlawnhuntingclub.com
- May 21 (rain Date May 22) – Little Fork Volunteer Fire and Rescue Technical Large Animal Rescue Team Benefit Trail Ride and Barbecue at Three Oaks Farm, 7073 Cedar Crossing Way, Rixeyville, VA 22737. $50 per rider, $40 per non-rider. Registration Fee includes: • Ride on your own through 2-6 miles of marked trails • Big John’s On-Site Cooking/BBQ dinner with all the fixings (from 12:00-2:00 pm) • Bottled water on grounds, free of charge • Negative Coggins required • Limited to 100 riders Contact Information: Melissa Mainville (540) 222-5968 or email@example.com Preregistration encouraged: http://littleforkvfrc.org/trail-ride-2016, www.littleforkvfrc.org
- May 27 – May 30, 2016 – Easy Does It Ranch Benefit Trail Ride, Shangrila Guest Ranch, South Boston, Virginia, 434-517-0888, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.shangrilaguestranch.com/trail-rides, Additional Details: May 27-30 Memorial Weekend Shangrila Guest Ranch 3219 Cluster Springs Road, South Boston, Virginia 24592 $30 Saturday Ride, Dinner & Music; $15 Saturday Dinner & Music Only, $20 Sunday Ride. Primitive camping included. Ride Saturday and Sunday (Two different trail routes). Saturday approx. 15mi, Sunday approx. 10mi. Rides start at 10am. Some road crossings but no road riding. Saturday chuck wagon dinner and music. Raffle & door prizes. Trail Ride to benefit Easy Does it Ranch – nonprofit camp for recovering teens.
- May 29, – Shenandoah Trail Riders and Horseman’s Association trail ride, Andy Guest/Shenandoah River State Park, Bentonville, VA, Visit http://www.strha.net/rides.html or call Leader: Connie Nicholson-Price 540-984-3787
- June 3-5 – Old Store Spring Ride 2016 – 2506 Elam Rd, White Plains, VA 16 or 8 mile ride, cost is $30 and includes one dinner and camping, https://www.facebook.com/events/985747821506704
- June 4 – Summer ride at Belmead Stables and Riding Club, Powhatan, VA 804-598-4907, http://www.belmeadstablesandridingclub.com
- Sunday, July 9: Snickersville Hounds – Crystal Crown Judged Pleasure Ride – Camp Highroad, Middleburg, http://www.snickersvillehounds.com/inside.htm
- Sept. 9-11 – Burkeville Trail Ride, Burkeville, VA https://www.facebook.com/events/1713756442208281/
- Sept. 10 – Twilight Polo, Great Meadow Foundation, The Plains, VA, 540-253-5000, email@example.com, www.greatmeadow.org
- Sept. 11 – Clifton Horse Society – Crystal Crown Judged Pleasure Ride. http://www.cliftonhorsesociety.org/ or www.crystalcrownseries.com
- Sept. 11 -Bedford County Hunt Hunter Pace, Maceland, Chatham (rain date September 18) https://www.facebook.com/BCHhorseshows
- Sept. 16-18 – Amelia Springs Fall Trail Ride, Jetersville, VA www.ameliaspringstrailride.com
- Sept. 17 – Cluster Springs Volunteer Fire Dept. 4th Annual Trail Ride, South Boston, VA https://www.facebook.com/events/1321032864579711/
- Sept. 17 – Twilight Polo, Great Meadow Foundation, The Plains, VA, 540-253-5000, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.greatmeadow.org
- Sept. 17 – Liberty Ride, Benefit ride for Orange County Parks and Rec., starts at Montpelier, Orange VA, Pre-register at http://orangecountyva.gov/index.aspx?nid=302,
- Sept. 17-18 – Middlebrook Hounds Hunter Pace Weekend, Middlebrook, VA 540-886-6817,email@example.com, https://www.facebook.com/MiddlebrookHoundsHuntClub/
- Sept. 17 – Fall Hunter Pace at Belmead Stables and Riding Club, Powhatan, VA 804-598-4907, http://www.belmeadstablesandridingclub.com
- Sept. 23-25 – Genito Trail Ride, La Crosse VA, 434-729-9141, https://www.facebook.com/events/1192301657486976/
- Sept. 24-25 – Eastern Shore Trail Ride, registration is in advance only, http://easternshoretrailride.com/
- Sept. 25 -Rockbridge Hunt Fall Poker Ride, Broadview Ranch, Lexington, VA www.rockbridgehunt.org
- Sept. 30- Oct. 1 – SEFHA Colt Starting Challenge, Demos on Friday, Challenge on Saturday. Chatham VA, Tickets $15 at www.sefha.net
- Sept. 30 – Oct. 3 – Buck Brannaman Colt Starting and Horsemanship 1 clinic in Walkertown N.C, www.brannaman.com
Trail Rides, Hunter Paces and More
- Oct. 2 – Belmead Stables and Riding Club Fall Ride for Cancer Research, Powhatan VA https://www.facebook.com/events/896170200493429/, http://www.belmeadstablesandridingclub.com
- Oct. 7-9 – Fall Gathering at the Farm– Join Tom Seay at Andora Farm, Culpeper, VA 540-829-9555 or www.bestofamericabyhorseback.com/fall-gathering-in-va
- Oct. 7-9 – Lake Gaston Fire Dept. Benefit Wine Ride, La Crosse VA, 434-917-2467, https://www.facebook.com/events/1777755589125712/
- Oct. 7-9 – Buck Brannaman Foundation Horsemanship Clinic in Fairlea, WVA, www.brannaman.com
- Oct. 9-11 – Fall 30 Mile Trail Ride, Competition and Pleasure Rides, Hotsprings, VA www.virginiatrailridersinc.com,
- Oct. 9 – Nokesville Horse Society Crystal Crown Judged Pleasure Ride, Sky Meadows State Park, www.crystalcrownseries.com or www.nokesvillehorsesociety.com
- Oct. 14 – 16 – Massies Mill Fall Benefit Trail Ride, Fleetwood Community Center, Roseland, VA, 434 277-5814, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.facebook.com/events/245677799139304/
- Oct. 21 -23 – Flint Hill Volunteer Benefit Trail Ride, Huntly, Va., www.flinthillfireva.com, https://www.facebook.com/events/230150997381636/
- Oct. 28 – Michael Lyons Performance Clinic, Blue Ridge Stables, Ashland, VA https://www.facebook.com/events/1748944785347204/
- Oct. 29 – Halloween Ride at Belmead Stables and Riding Club, Powhatan, VA 804-598-4907, http://www.belmeadstablesandridingclub.com
- Oct. 30- Colonial Beach Urban Trail Ride to benefit the Colonial Beach Volunteer Fire Dept., Colonial Beach, VA. https://www.facebook.com/CBUrbanTrailRide/
- Oct. 30 – Old Dominion Hounds Pony Club Crystal Crown Judged Pleasure Ride, Flint Hill, www.odhponyclub.com/upcoming-events.html or www.crystalcrownseries.com
- Nov. 6 -Farmington Hunt Fall Hunter Pace, www.farmingtonhunt.org
- Nov. 6 – 4th Annual Poker Run at Sandstone Farm, Millwood, VA www.sandstonefarm.com, email@example.com, 540-837-1261
- Nov. 13 – Glenmore Hunt Hunter Pace, get more information on their website: www.glenmorehunt.org
- Nov. 19 – Tom Turkey Scrabble Ride at Belmead, Powhatan, VA 804-598-4907, www.belmeadstablesandridingclub.com