22 Years and Still Going Strong!
For over 22 years, Horse Talk has been THE information source for all things equine. Our readership is over 52,000 and continues to grow with each issue! Horse Talk is a free, all-breed, all-discipline magazine distributed throughout Virginia and the bordering counties of Maryland. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Just enter your email address to sign up. There is no cost to you. If you experience difficulties viewing, try turning off your pop-up blocker.
Interested in advertising?
Deadline for May/June Issue is April 10th
More Information About Us:
• Horse Talk is a free, full-color, bimonthly magazine started in 1992, and is locally owned by the publisher, Lois Baird
• Horse Talk is an all-breed, all-discipline magazine printed six times a year.
• We print 35,000+ copies of each issue
• We have more than 465 distribution locations in Virginia and in the bordering counties of Maryland.
• An additional 2,800+ copies of Horse Talk are sent to distribution points and subscribers outside of our main distribution areas and into other states including West Virginia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Florida.
OUR READERS ARE:
Well-educated, informed equestrians who want the best possible products and services for their equine partner.
• 68% are female,
• Most are between ages 18 to 45
• Gross household income range from $120,000 – $450,000 per year.
• 43% own their own farm
• 56% have 3 or more horses
• 30% of the horses owned were for pleasure riding
• 38% compete in at least one event per year.
• 25% owned horses for breeding purposes with a few who used their horses for other purposes.
WHY THEY READ HORSE TALK:
Horse Talk Magazine is a superior regional equine publication dedicated to providing news and information to horse lovers in Virginia and the bordering counties of Maryland – no matter what their riding discipline. Our readers trust us to provide them with accurate, useful information in each issue, including:
• Regular Features – Highlighting local events and equine professionals and amateurs making a difference in our area
• What’s News – Informative, interesting news clips on association news and area happenings
• Product Review – Helpful information on new products for equestrians
• Calendar – The most complete and accurate list of local show dates & equine events available
Fill out the form above to contact us or feel free to give Lois a call at 540-548-4613 to discuss your advertising needs! She can discuss the many options available for print and online advertising. You can also view our advertising rates