22 Years and Still Going Strong! For over 22 years, Horse Talk has been THE information source for all things equine. Our readership is over 52,000 and continues to grow with each issue! Horse Talk is a free, all-breed, all-discipline magazine distributed throughout Virginia and the bordering counties of Maryland. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Just enter your email address to sign up.
There is no cost to you. If you experience difficulties viewing, try turning off your pop-up blocker.
Interested in advertising?
- Advertising Information – Send us an email for information
- View our Media Kit
- Special Discount for March/April: We are offering a special rate for new Show and Event Advertisers – Buy an ad in the March/April issue and get the same ad for half price in May/June’s Calendar issue!
Deadline for March/April Issue is Feb. 10th
More Information About Us:
- Horse Talk is a free, full-color, bimonthly magazine started in 1992, and is locally owned by the publisher, Lois Baird
- Horse Talk is an all-breed, all-discipline magazine printed six times a year.
- Our circulation is more than 52,000 and growing with each issue.
- We have more than 550 distribution points in Virginia and the bordering counties of Maryland.
- An additional 2,800+ copies of Horse Talk are sent to distribution points and subscribers outside of our main distribution areas and into other states including West Virginia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Florida.
- Our distribution points are audited every two months by our distributors so that each and every location gets the exact amount of copies they need.
- Our close relationship with our distributors ensures our advertisers that spectators and participants at many of the large shows and events in Virginia and Southern Maryland will see their ads.
- The September/October issue is our Fall Horse Shows Issue and will include distribution of extra copies of magazines to premium shows and events in our area including the Washington International Horse Show, Middleburg Classic, Capital Challenge, and more. This gives our advertisers a chance to reach thousands of additional readers. Please see our media kit for the other rated shows and events that we distribute magazines to each year.
We know how important it is that business owners make sure each advertising dollar is spent wisely. We can offer our advertisers more bang for their buck – your ad will be placed in our print magazine, on our website and in our digital, online E-magazine – all for one low rate. Not only will you reach thousands of Virginia and Maryland readers, you will be reaching millions on the web.
The staff at Horse Talk know that Virginia and Maryland equestrians want accurate information on important industry news, information on where to purchase products and services, and what shows to attend. But most important, they want that information in a well written, easily accessible publication. Our writers and designers are among the best available in the region.
Our readers are educated, hardworking horse owners who want the best products and services for their equine partners. We try to provide helpful editorial content to help them purchase the products they need. Horse Talk is packed with full color advertising and editorial. It is printed on glossy, high-quality stock to ensure the best reproduction for our advertisers. Our mission is to strive for the highest level of excellence in both design and editorial content.
Horse Talk is distributed to over 550 stables, events, and businesses in Virginia and the bordering counties of Maryland. Each location receives at least 40 magazine, some as many as 250. Some of the Expos and rated shows, like the Washington International Horse Show, receive as many as 1,000 copies.
OUR READERS ARE:
Well-educated, informed equestrians who want the best possible products and services for their equine partner.
• 68% are female,
• Most are between ages 18 to 45
• Gross household income range from $120,000 – $450,000 per year.
• 43% own their own farm
• 56% have 3 or more horses
• 30% of the horses owned were for pleasure riding
• 38% compete in at least one event per year.
• 25% owned horses for breeding purposes with a few who used their horses for other purposes.
WHY THEY READ HORSE TALK:
Horse Talk Magazine is a superior regional equine publication dedicated to providing news and information to horse lovers in Virginia and the bordering counties of Maryland – no matter what their riding discipline. Our readers trust us to provide them with accurate, useful information in each issue, including:
• Regular Features – Highlighting local events and equine professionals and amateurs making a difference in our area
• What’s News – Informative, interesting news clips on association news and area happenings
• Product Review – Helpful information on new products for equestrians
• Calendar – The most complete and accurate list of local show dates & equine events available
Fill out the form above to contact us or feel free to give Lois a call at 540-548-4613 to discuss your advertising needs! She can discuss the many options available for print and online advertising. You can also view our advertising rates